Well done Shelby and Jamaul for being chosen to share their good work with the rest of the school in assembly this afternoon. Shelby was chosen to share her amazing research about our new ‘Space’ topic which she carried out at home. Jamaul has worked extremely hard in Numeracy and has shown an exceptional attitude in all areas of learning this week.
I was also very proud of Ciaran, Robert and Dillon for achieving their Numeracy leapfrog challenge this week.
Well done and keep up the hard work!
Today, we discussed the fact that school may be closed tomorrow because of our boiler problems. However, it is still officially a ‘school day’ and I would appreciate it if you would do some work at home. Here are a few things that you could do:
- read your reading books and other books you have at home
- when reading, ‘steal’ wow words and use them in your own sentences
- identify expressive language in stories that you read
- continue to practise your times tables
- have a look at this website where there are lots of exciting activities for you to complete www.hamiltonathome.org.uk
We have enjoyed carrying out research about our new ‘Space’ topic so use this website www.bbc.co.uk/science/space/solarsystem to answer the following questions:
- What is the size of planet Earth?
- What is the distance between Earth and the Sun?
Then go to www.oxfam.org.uk/…our…GlobeUnwrapped/GlobeUnwrapped.htm to learn the 7 continent regions of the World and the main ocean names.
Work hard and I’ll see you at school!
Class 4, we will be having our first Judo lesson on Friday morning, so don’t forget to bring your PE kits into school.